Announcing Creation of the Justin Baker Endowment Fund
What is the value of Baker Industries?
Charlie & Weezie Baker founded Baker Industries in 1980 with a very personal goal in mind… to create a place for their disabled son Justin to work, earn income, learn and grow.
Forty-three years later, Baker Industries has provided more than 12,000 vulnerable, hard to employ adults with an opportunity to come off the sidelines and into the workplace.
What will the Justin Baker Endowment Fund Support?Proceeds of the fund will be available each year to support two specific initiatives essential to helping our program participants meet the challenges of a rapidly changing workforce. To offset the ongoing pressures of inflation, economic cycles and unpredictable financial challenges, these initiatives require long-term funding to ensure generations of vulnerable adults can progress to better lives:
- Professional Training and Coaching Designed to Build Job Readiness
- Professional staff support and job coaching.
- Innovative learning aids, materials and development experiences.
- Certifications and internships aligned with career pathways.
- Projected annual cost: $100K
- Facilities and Equipment to Increase Access and Support Skill-Building
- Up-to-date equipment and tools to enhance on-the-job learning and productivity.
- Site improvements to increase participant access, skills & safety.
- Projected annual cost: $50-100K
How Can You Make A Difference?
This Campaign will honor Justin – our first hire – and the Bakers – our founders, whose vision and perseverance inspire us each day.
Your gift will directly change lives – helping individuals make the leap from rejection and isolation to opportunity, acceptance and growth.
OUR GOAL: To raise $2.5 million by December 2027 to fund the endowment.
Gifts to the Fund can be made:
- In a lump sum or distributed over a five-year period
- In cash, stock, life insurance or other investment vehicles
Gifts of $10,000 or more will receive special recognition in each of our facilities.